Reading through Desiring God again…It’s been at least 15 years! I need a good dose of good Scripture meditations from a Christian Hedonist. Looking forward to diving into how I can glorify God by enjoying Him and how this is powerful worship that leads to great life transformation and great gospel proclamation. I need to come to terms with divine commands.
- to “love mercy,” not just do it (Micah 6:8)
- to do “acts of mercy, with cheerfulness” (Romans 12:8)
- to “joyfully” suffer loss in the service of prisoners (Hebrews 10:34)
- to be a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9:7)
- to make our joy the joy of others (2 Corinthians 2:3)
- to tend the flock of God willingly and “eagerly” (1 Peter 5:2)
- to keep watch over souls “with joy” (Hebrews 13:17)